Whilst your organisation may be championing many inspiring, innovative and impactful sustainability activities, the why, what and where aspects of how you communicate with your customers, suppliers and prospective employees is critical to shared value creation.
Our Develop a Sustainable Marketing Communications Strategy course gives you the techniques and tools to create a robust communications strategy that showcases your organisation’s actions around sustainability, engages key stakeholders in the process – and importantly avoiding “Greenwashing.”
Through interactive tasks and expert-led discussions, learn how to share your organisations sustainability impact and purpose to build loyalty and shared value with your key stakeholders.
Learn how sustainable marketing provides you with an operational and responsible lens to apply to all marketing and communications across all touchpoints – considering greener digital channels, online presence, packaging, events – ensuring there is end-to-end cohesion across campaigns and channels.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards, and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
Michelle Carvill is a strategic marketer, digital agency founder, consultant, CIM Course Director for Social Media Strategy. Sustainable Marketing and the 4 day Sustainable Business Transformation Program and certified Carbon Literacy Training for Marketers. Five times published author and three times business book awards finalist.
In 2002 founded digital agency, Carvill Creative. In 2018 founded a social enterprise, focused on preventative healthcare – The Preventative Healthcare Service and in 2019, online training provision, Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Communication Strategies and The Sustainability Landscape
- Gain an overview on how communication is used to promote an organisation’s sustainable image
- Examine best practice
- Benchmark your current communication strategy against other organisations
Develop and Manage Your Sustainable Brand
- Learn how to develop your “sustainable” brand
- Identify what story you want your brand to tell
- Gain techniques to manage your brand
- Showcase your organisation to external parties, including as customers, future employees and suppliers
Utilising Digital Channels
- Identify what social media channels are most appropriate to use
- Review current best practice
- Understand how to communicate your sustainability credentials effectively on social media
Effective Strategies for Avoiding “Greenwashing”
- Understand the impact of “greenwashing” on your organisation
- Ensure transparency within and outside your organisation
- Determine your level of commitment to showcasing your “sustainable” credentials
- Learn what language to use in your external communication channels and marketing material
- Gain practical strategies to avoid “Greenwashing”
Workshop: Designing a Sustainable Communications and Marketing Strategy
- Map out your key message in your communications strategy
- Develop a sustainability narrative for your organisation
- Identify the right structure for your communication strategy
- Learn how to analyse and evaluate the performance of your strategy
- Take back an action plan to demonstrate what you are doing around sustainability